Migynae proudly announces the establishment of Victoria’s first privately run Excellence in Endometriosis and Adenomyosis Care Service.
Our Specialists are a group of highly skilled nationally and internationally trained surgeons specialising in advanced laparoscopic surgery and the holistic management of the complex needs of endometriosis, pelvic pain and bleeding.
Dr Ang and Dr Kathurusinghe have both completed international fellowships in advanced laparoscopic surgery and endometriosis care at the Oxford University Hospital, NHS trust (Centre of excellence in Endometriosis Care) in the United Kingdom and The Franco-European Multidisciplinary Institute of Endometriosis in Bordeaux, France, where they have continued to maintain a partnership with these world leading institutions. These highly trained surgeons are now putting their expertise together to develop a formal pathway to delivery of an up-to-date, holistic and evidence-based approach to treating these debilitating conditions through the establishment of this Endometriosis and Adenomyosis Care Service
Migynae have assembled a large dedicated team that harnesses the skill set of our care partners to bring together a carefully planned multi-disciplinary approach to endometriosis from your first appointment through to referrals and ongoing monitoring of your condition. From years of working in research, the Public Sector and Private Practice, together we have amassed a considerable group of outstanding care partners in these specialty areas with demonstrated clinical excellence in managing endometriosis and adenomyosis.
What you can expect:
- A prioritised, 45 minute appointment.
- Thorough work up and preparation for your first appointment
- Coordinated team approach with Melbourne’s leading professionals in Endometriosis who are also committed to prioritising our Endometriosis Service patients.
- Timely scheduling of surgery in your choice of several private hospitals
- The ability to organise combined surgery with other specialists to minimise hospital admissions
- Robotic surgery option with Dr Ang, Victoria’s first female surgeon to use robotic surgery in the treatment of Gynaecology (for more details see surgery tab)
Once you send your referral to Migynae:
- Our surgeons will triage your referral and prioritise endometriosis patients
- You will receive an sms registration followed by a Welcome letter from the Endometriosis Service with links to a number of Gynaecological health questionnaires.
- Your responses to the questionnaires will be considered and any referrals for scans or pathology will be sent to you to complete prior to your first appointment.
- At your first appointment, you can expect a thorough evaluation of your questionnaires and the establishment of a forward plan. This may include, surgery scheduling, visits to other specialists, physiotherapists or any number of our care partners, all of whom have expertise in treating patients with endometriosis and with whom we have established a long standing professional relationship.
- Follow up appointments for monitoring your condition will be arranged and should symptoms persist, we have the option of scheduling a Multidisciplinary Team meeting with all your care professionals.
Our Goals for you:
- We aim to support and guide you through this journey
- To provide education and understanding of your condition
- Help you improve the quality of your life
- Empower you with information to make informed decisions