This medical practice collects information from you for the primary purpose of providing quality healthcare. We ask you to provide us with your personal details and a full medical history so that we may properly assess, diagnose, treat and be proactive in your healthcare needs. Your personal information will only be used or disclosed for purposes directly related to providing you with quality health care, or in ways you would reasonably expect us to use it in order to provide you with this service.
This includes use or disclosure:
- to the professional team directly involved in your health care, including treating doctors, pathology services, radiology services and other specialists outside this medical practice. For example, this may occur through referral to other doctors when requesting medical tests or in the report or result returned to us following the referrals;
- to your health insurance fund, Medicare or other organisations responsible for the financial aspects of your care;
- where required by law, for example, pursuant to a subpoena;
- to insurers or lawyers for the defence of a medical claim; and/or
- to assist with training and education of other health care professionals.
Confidentiality and de-identification will always be maintained if any information related to your care is used in research, quality assurance, educational and instructional purposes.